the initial idea and start of the animation process, it was at his time I realised how had it was to animate a quadruped, the main difficulty I had was keeping the feet on the same spot of ground as they landed and the body continued on above them, after watching many a video on digital tutors I decided to jusT key it frame by frame every time the feet were on the ground, it would take A LOT longer but it would give me the desired result
here i came across a bunch more issues getting a quadruped to turn on the spot was very hard the amount of small foot movements all made in a very small amount of time was very difficult and mostly due to my lack of skill and practise just looked like the were gliding around, because of this I rearranged the boxes eliminating the need for the turn
it was also at this time I came across the problem of the front legs being longer than the back, this meant that the gait of each pair of legs was very different so I would have to move the back legs a little faster to keep up with the front, increase the rear hip rotation and try and reduce the front leg gait when ever possible
here I have simplified it even more mainly for time constraints, i managed to make my character sit which i was very happy and surprised my rig let me do, and we can see the beginning of the interaction with the ball
close to my final animation there are still some small things i would like to tweak like the amount of bounce in his step but it is very time dependant unfortunately
No comments:
Post a Comment